The project is set in the heart of the new sports park and organized around two distinct “worlds”:
- one for “sports” entirely completely introverted and protected at ground floor level in connection with the changing rooms
- one for the “city”, above the stands, acting as a “higher ground floor” open to the public
This distinction is architectural as well ad functional, the two “floors” are accessible from the common entrance hall whilst each can be completely independent.
In order to reduce the impact of the volume, the building presents itself by way of superposition of two “blades” separated by a transparent slit which runs completely around the perimeter of the building and offers to the spectators a 360° panoramic view of the city.
- LOCATION : Argenteuil (95)
- CLIENT: Ville d’Argenteuil
- DESIGN TEAM : B+C Architectes
- BRIEF : Sports complex including a muti purpose hall with 600 seats and a gymnastic room – lost competition
- AREA : 3 950 m²
- TOTAL COST : 9.4 M€